Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New Books!

Oh, how I love opening a box of new books that I've illustrated and getting to see and touch the real book in person!

WILLA BEAN TO THE RESCUE arrived and she's as funny as ever. 


Over the weekend, we hosted an SCBWI Picture Book Day here in Indiana at beautiful Turkey Run State Park. Our speakers were fabulous and even those of us who are already published learned a lot!  Left to right: Tammi Sauer (Author Keynote Speaker), Katie Mitschelen (Indiana ARA), Jenifer Heidorn (Coordinator), Jeffrey Salane (Scholastic editor), Melissa Manlove (Chronicle editor), and myself (Indiana RA). If you haven't read Tammi Sauer's books, get out there and buy some! They are delightful and hilarious!


My PENGUIN CHA-CHA Book Launch party is coming up this Saturday! You're invited, of course. And this adorable penguin will be there. My mom made this dashing fellow. Here are the details on the Book Launch:

Evansville Barnes & Noble
2:00 Book signing and cake
3:00 Reading, Cha-cha dance lesson for kids, a craft, coloring sheets, and more book signing to follow.

I'll also have a couple stand-up cut-outs of my dancing penguins that you can stick your head through to be a dancing penguin. You won't want to miss that.

If you can't come to the real life Book Launch (and even if you can), I've given some blog interviews lately and a couple even have giveaways that you can still enter by leaving a comment over on that interview:

Elizabeth Dulemba’s Blog:


Kathy Temean’s Blog:


Writing for Kids (While Raising Them)
The blog of author Tara Lazar:


Celebri-DOTS:

2 comments:

Jennifer R said...

Love the penguin your mom made! How cute! I hope your book launch party goes well.

Kristi Valiant said...

Thanks, Jennifer. I'm completely smitten with the little penguin fellow.