Friday, May 08, 2009

NaPiBoWriWee - Results

I made it! Just barely, but I made it. At 11:35 pm on Day 7 I finished my 7th picture book manuscript in 7 days! Whoo-hoo!!!

PB 1: Funny fiction, main character is an elephant.
PB 2: Funny fiction, main character is a hamster.
PB 3: Rhyming (Why did I do that to myself? I've never written in rhyme! But at least I have a poet in my critique group).
PB 4: Sweet fiction (Again, a stretch for me because I don't like sweet'n'sappy).
PB 5: Funny fiction, main character is a flamingo.
PB 6: Funny & adventurous fiction, main character is a grasshopper.
PB 7: Kinda weird and scary, main character is a monster (It was definitely time for this challenge to be over!)

I really like some of my picture books that I wrote this week, and I would even go so far as to say they all have potential as first drafts. I'm going to put them away for a number of days before reading them again to see which I'll start revising. Did you participate? How did it go?

3 comments:

Diandra Mae said...

Looks like you did really well Kristi! I'm impressed you were able to complete all 7 and be relatively satisfied with them.

I ended up with:
PB1: Young girl, silly fiction
PB2: Creature Cafe, rhyming (I've never done it before, but it just came out that way!)
PB3: Rainy Day, concept book
PB4: Chicken, fiction
Pb5: Duck, silly fiction
I got really stuck the last two days and PB6 and Pb7 were so awful I'm not even counting them.

Hey, congrats on winning a prize on Paula's site! I'm buying a button to wear to LA this August. :)

Mary Uhles said...

saw on the list serve that you were the drawn out of the hat! congrats, i think the stars are aligned for you this year;) btw are you going to the LA conference this year? i'm trying to decide if i will or not....

Kelly H-Y said...

Wow ... congrats on your progress! That's awesome!